Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The day I died

The day I died…

The day I died there was no glowing light awaiting me on the other side
No calmness in my body to know I was moving away from this earth to a better place
Only pain in my chest that keeps getting bigger and bigger with every passing day

The day I died, no one wept for me
There was no funeral, no procession of cars to a grave site
It was just me, who was now alone

The day I died, my world will never be the same
It will forever be in my head and in the place where my heart once resided
That day will be relived over and over again until I can die once again.

The day I died, is the day you left this earth without me
They day you choose you had no other way out but this

That day will forever be the day I died too. 

Author-Jennifer Dilday 


If you wanted to support the kids at SM South who are trying to make a difference, Jason and I will be walking on October 3rd. We wont have the T-shirts that were designed for Sara by then, but you can wear purple. The kids are refusing to be silenced by the school. They are speaking up and trying to bring awareness even if it gets them in trouble. Last night I attended a meeting that was about suicide prevention and awareness. The Principle says that he invited all the schools in SM area including all the parents and students. He said that everyone was invited. Yet the school video screen that is located outside the building didn't say what the forum was about, only that there was a meeting at 7pm.  However I hear today that once again, the school failed to tell the kids what it was about and that it could help them. Shout out to the speakers who came. The speakers were amazing. It was very informative. I am so disappointed to hear from students that SM South is downplaying that they have lost 2 kids in 6 weeks and 4 in 2 years. I am disappointed that the kids feel like they have no where to go and that parents want to pretend like it can't effect them. Parents I suggest you start getting involved. We don't need them feeling hopeless or with lack of support. 

American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
Out of the Darkness
Greater Kansas City Walk

Saturday October 3, 2015  -  Berkley Riverfront Park Kansas City, MO
Registration: 10am  -  Walk begins: 12pm  -  Walk ends: 2pm

Help support IGNiTE Club in the fight against suicide.

WALK with team IGNiTE:
  1. Go to http://goo.gl/0zyjVk or scan the QR code
  2. Click “Register Now”
  3. Search “SMS IGNiTE”
  4. Click “Teams” then “SMS IGNiTE”
  5. Click “Join our Team”

DONATE to team IGNiTE:
  1. Go to http://goo.gl/0zyjVk or scan the QR code
  2. Click “Donate to This Event”
  3. Search “SMS IGNiTE”
  4. Click the “Donate Now” button for any individual fundraiser of team IGNiTE




Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST) 

ASIST logo
ASIST is a two day workshop for caregivers who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. Over one million caregivers have participated in this two-day, highly interactive, practical, practice-oriented workshop. Participants include but are not limited to clergy, school professionals, mental health professionals, law enforcement, etc. Participation in the full two days is required. Enjoy small group discussions and skills practice that are based upon adult learning principles. Experience powerful videos on suicide intervention. Feel challenged and safe. Learn suicide first aid.
For more information about ASIST, visit www.livingworks.net
Want to register? Contact Jenny Rodriguez to RSVP for future dates. 
Next ASIST training: November 16 and 17
For more information contact Megan Clark at 913-715-7880

Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
Mental Health First Aid Logo
Mental Health First Aid USA is a live training program — like regular First Aid or CPR — designed to give people the skills to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The course uses role-playing and simulations to demonstrate how to recognize and respond to the warning signs of specific illnesses. Mental Health First Aid teaches participants a five-step action plan, ALGEE, to support someone developing signs and symptoms of a mental illness or in an emotional crisis:
Assess for risk of suicide or harm
Listen non-judgmentally
Give reassurance and information
Encourage appropriate professional help
Encourage self-help and other support strategies
See this brochure for more information.
Interested in a local training?  Contact Jenny Rodriguez to RSVP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment